The BIBS system with Jet Stream ULTRA Fiberglass Insulation
Knauf Insulation Jet Stream® ULTRA Glass Mineral Wool Blowing Insulation is an approved fiber for installation with the BIBS system in open attics of both new and existing structures and/or in closed cavity applications. The BIBS system with Jet Stream® ULTRA can only be installed by BIBS certified installers to ensure the highest quality installed performance.
- ULTRA-performance in attics and sidewalls. Never settles
- ULTRA-convenient. One product, one inventory, two applications
- ULTRA-sustainable. Minimum 50% post-consumer recycled glass content
- Each bag contains the equivalent of over 46 recycled bottles
- ULTRA-fast, ULTRA-easy installation
Knauf Insulation Jet Stream® ULTRA Glass Mineral Wool Blowing Insulation is an unbonded, virgin fibrous glass blowing insulation designed with optimal thermal properties and excellent coverage and blowing characteristics.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Excellent Thermal Performance
- Fills all gaps and voids, creating a thermal barrier against outside air and better temperature control.
- Resists heat flow with an R-value of
- R-15 in 2 x 4 construction
- R-23 in 2 x 6 construction
- One product, one inventory, two applications.
- Reduces fuel usage and energy use for heating and air conditioning.
- Each bag contains the equivalent of over 46 recycled bottles, with a minimum of 50% post consumer recycled glass content.
- Improves Sound Transmission Class (STC) ratings by 4 to 10 points.
- Blows fast and smooth.
- Non-combustible, non-corrosive.
- Will not rot, mildew or deteriorate.
Jet Stream® ULTRA Blowing Insulation provides you with a choice of R-values based on the installed thickness and installed weight per square foot. The tables to the right show the minimum requirements for obtaining the desired R-value. The stated thermal resistance (R-value) is provided by installing the required number of bags per 1,000sq. ft. of net area, at not less than the labeled minimum thickness (per the manufacturer’s instructions). Failure to install both the required number of bags and at least the minimum thickness will result in lower insulation R-values.
Field blending of this product with other loose fill insulation or application of this product in conjunction with adhesive or binder systems may affect its thermal performance and is not recommended by the manufacturer.
- ASTM C 764; Type I
- HH-I-1030B; Class B
- Certified to GREENGUARD standards
- GREENGUARD Gold Certification and verified to be formaldehyde free.
- Knauf Insulation Jet Stream® ULTRA Glass Mineral Wool Blowing Insulation is manufactured with a minimum of 50% post consumer glass content and UL Environment verification every 6 months.
Surface Burning Characteristics
- Does not exceed 25 Flame Spread, 50 Smoke
- Developed when tested in accordance with ASTM E 84 and CAN 4-S102.2.
Critical Radiant Flux (ASTM E 970)
- Greater than 0.12 W/cm2.
Moisture Vapor Sorption (ASTM C 1104)
- 5% maximum by weight.
Corrosion (ASTM C 764)
- No greater than sterile cotton.
Microbial Growth (ASTM C 1338)
- Does not support microbial growth.
- Non-Combustibility (ASTM E 136)
- No temperature rise above 54°F (30°C).
To achieve labeled R-value, this product must be applied with a pneumatic blowing machine and a corrugated hose with a minimum .” internal corrugation, a minimum length of 150′ and a diameter of at least 3″. Coils in the hose should not be less than 36″ in diameter. Acceptable material feed rate is 5-35 lbs./minute. The recommended feed rate is 15-25 lbs./minute. For closed cavity applications, netting must be applied.
- Jet Stream® ULTRA Blowing Insulation is packaged in a strong, white poly bag that offers excellent protection from abuse, dust and moisture.
- Knauf Insulation® packages are lightweight, stack without slipping and are easy to handle and store.
Glass Mineral Wool and Mold
Glass mineral wool insulation will not sustain mold growth. However, mold can grow on almost any material when it becomes wet and contaminated. Carefully inspect any insulation that has been exposed to water. If it shows any sign of mold, it must be discarded. If the material is wet, but shows no evidence of mold, it should be dried rapidly and thoroughly.